Everything you need to ensure your Cinco de Mayo fiesta goes off without a hitch
Cinco de Mayo is one of our favorite holidays, and it’s quickly approaching! If you are planning a Cinco de Mayo fiesta and want to take your party up a notch, keep reading for our Cinco de Mayo party planning tips. With our alcoholic ice cream, tequila, and some fun fiesta activities, you’ll have everything you need to make this Cinco de Mayo your best yet!
Gat a Booze-Filled Piñata
A 21+ take on one of your favorite childhood party activities
NIPYATA! offers booze-filled piñatas to get the party going. Photo courtesy of NIPYATA!
Piñatas filled with candy are great, but what about a piñata filled with booze?! NIPYATA! understood the assignment when they made their 21+ piñatas filled with mini plastic shooters. Each NIPYATA! includes twine to hang your piñata, a smashing stick, a blindfold, assorted candy, and special forces to ward off evil spirits and bring good luck to all! You can choose from 10, 20, or 30 mini plastic bottles of shooters to ensure everyone can take part in the fun.
Curate a Cinco de Mayo Playlist
Keep the energy up with your own personal playlist
Add some classic Cinco de Mayo songs to your playlist.
When the alcoholic ice cream sets in, a Cinco de Mayo-inspired playlist will keep the good vibes going. Of course, everyone has different musical tastes, so making your own playlist ensures you include the classics, but also incorporate your personal favorite party songs. Here are some of our favorites picks on our playlist for Cinco de Mayo:
- Tequila by The Champs
- Oye Coma Va by Santana
- Macarena by Los del Rio
- La Bamba by Ritchie Valens
- On The Floor by Jennifer Lopez and Pitbull
- Alejandro by Lady Gaga
Grab Your Favorite Alcoholic Ice Cream
Find out where you can find your favorite alcohol-infused ice cream
There are plenty of ways to find Tipsy Scoop at a location near you.
At Tipsy Scoop, we love celebrating Cinco de Mayo. It’s the unofficial start to outdoor drinking season in New York City, and honors one of our favorite beverages- the margarita! What better way to celebrate Cinco than with alcohol-infused ice cream? No matter if you’re local to NYC or halfway across the United States, there are plenty of ways to find Tipsy Scoop near you.
- NYC Barlours - We have Barlour locations in Manhattan, Brooklyn, and Long Beach. Stop by any location to find pints of your favorite Tipsy Scoop flavors, boozy ice cream cakes, and delicious cocktails.
- Retailers - Tons of grocery stores, restaurants and liquor stores across the nation carry Tipsy Scoop. Check out our store locator to find the closest retailer to you!
- Delivery - In participating locations, you can get Tipsy Scoop delivered to you through GoPuff, Uber Eats, Postmates, Doordash, InstaCart, and Grubhub. Take a look at our local delivery page to see if there are delivery options available in your area.
- Nationwide Shipping - If none of these options are available,, keep in mind that we offer nationwide shipping for our pints and toppings. Order your favorites online and select a delivery date, and you’ll have Tipsy Scoop delivered to your door in no time.
Stock Up On Your Favorite Tequila
Let’s take a look at one of our favorite tequila brands, JAJA Tequila
JAJA Tequila offers a fresh, sustainable take on Tequila. Photo by Siracusa Studios. .
When it comes to tequila, there are so many options to choose from, but our favorite is JAJA!. Each JAJA agave is aged between 7-and 8 years and cut and cooked in brick ovens for 32 hours before being distilled to make their 3 incredible varieties- Blanco, Reposado, and Anejo. Add a shot or two to your favorite drink, or try the NEW JAJA Tequila x Tipsy Scoop Cinco de Mayo Batch featuring four tequila flavors infused with JAJA. Now available for pre-order, and launching in-stores and nationwide on April 25th! PLUS, on Cinco De Mayo Tipsy Scoop is partnering with JAJA to give out FREE flights of the new flavors to the first 20 customers in each New York Barlour location.
Rim Your Glassware Ahead of Time
This subtle presentation tip elevates any Cinco de Mayo cocktail
By adding small presentation details, your cocktails will look professionally made.
With any cocktail, presentation is key. Something as simple as rimming the glassware for your alcoholic ice cream drink can take it to the next level. That’s why we’re breaking down our favorite way to rim glassware for your upcoming Cinco de Mayo party. Let’s get into it!
What You’ll Need:
- Your cocktail glass of choice
- A liquid of your choice—this can be water, lime juice, chocolate sauce, etc. It works best to use a liquid that matches the overall flavor of your cocktail to enhance the flavor rather than add any new flavors that may throw off your drink.
- A powder of choice to rim your glass—salt or sugar works as a great powder, depending on your cocktail, but you can also use sprinkles, cocoa powder, chili powder, etc. The possibilities are endless!
- Saucers to hold your liquid and your powder.
How to Do It:
- Add a couple of tablespoons of your liquid of choice to a saucer.
- Place your powder of choice in another saucer.
- Holding your glass at a 45-degree angle, dip the outer edge of your glass into the liquid.
- After the entire rim is moistened, repeat the same process in the saucer with your powder to coat the outer rim.
- Take a dampened paper towel or napkin to clean up the rim.
And there you have it! Taking the extra step to rim your glassware in advance can heighten your cocktail presentation. Be sure to let your glasses dry before making your cocktail.
Make a Mango Margarita
A fun twist on a classic margarita with alcoholic ice cream
This cocktail is sure to impress your guests at your Cinco de Mayo fiesta.
Our Mango Margarita is a fun twist on a classic margarita. With our Mango Margarita Sorbet and a little bit of tequila, you can make this blended cocktail at home in no time. Here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Grab a pint of Tipsy Scoop’s Mango Margarita sorbet and add it to a blender along with 2-3 oz. of your favorite tequila. Blend the mixture until smooth.
- Using a lime, wet the rim of a margarita glass and coat in sugar or salt.
- After your glass is coated, pour the margarita mixture into a glass and garnish it with fresh or gummy fruit.
Make a Frozen Tequila Hot Chocolate
A Frozen Tequila Hot Chocolate is the perfect way to take your booze-infused ice cream to the next level
As a frozen twist on hot chocolate, this is the perfect cocktail for Cinco de Mayo.
We’re willing to bet you’ve never had a frozen hot chocolate quite like this one before. With our Tequila Mexican Hot Chocolate ice cream and some chocolate stout beer, this recipe is simple yet delicious. Let’s walk through how to make it:
- Add 1 large scoop of Tequila Mexican “Hot” Chocolate Ice Cream to a margarita glass
- Pour 6oz chocolate stout beer over the ice cream until submerged. Extra credit if you want to make it even boozier with a shot of spicy tequila!
- Garnish with whipped cream and cinnamon.
With Cinco de Mayo right around the corner, we hope these tips help you plan out your best Cinco de Mayo fiesta yet. Grab a pint of your favorite Tipsy Scoop alcoholic ice cream, and you are sure to have a great time. Make sure to tag @tipsyscoop on Instagram with pics of your boozy Cinco de Mayo cocktails!