Stumped on how to put that extra special finishing touch on your booze infused ice cream? We’ve got a you covered for all the best presentation ideas and tips
Making ice cream isn’t easy! Believe us, we created our signature booze infused ice cream from scratch. That’s why Tipsy Scoop is giving you tips on how you can make and serve your own boozy ice cream at home. We even have our own cookbook full of fun recipes that you can try out for yourself!
Before you get started, read through this article to properly gather your equipment and brainstorm some impressive presentation ideas. Let’s get started by getting everything you need to make liquor-infused ice cream!
What Kind of Equipment Do I Need to Make Booze Infused Ice Cream?
Before you get started with your own booze-infused ice cream recipe, make sure that you have all the kitchen supplies you need to get started
The first thing you need to make boozy ice cream is an ice cream maker.
Depending on your culinary skills, some may feel more comfortable trying their hand at their very own booze infused ice cream recipe. However, if you aren’t yet ready to make your own ice cream you can choose from Tipsy Scoop’s pints and skip to the presentation. If you’re ready to DIY your own custom infused ice cream flavor, you will need to gather these materials:
- Ice cream maker
- 1 gallon mixing bowl
- Medium Size Saucepan
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Gelato pan or freezer safe plastic container
- Large spoon
- Plastic wrap
- Food processor
Once you’ve gathered your ingredients, it’s time to make your ice cream. We’ve already shared a few of our signature recipes, including how to make our signature vanilla base! Once you’ve successfully made your own ice cream, now you need to decide how you want to present it for your guests.
Presentation Idea #1: Booze Infused Ice Cream Flight
No matter whether you're making or purchasing booze infused ice cream, a flight is sure to impress your guests
Sample a few of our flavors with a Tipsy Scoop flight!
Now that you’ve got your ice cream either freshly made or delivered, it’s time to start thinking about taking your presentation to the next level. An incredibly popular way to sample beer and other liquor is a flight. A flight typically has 4 to 5 different varieties of beer or liquor so you can get a taste of each one.
An ice cream flight is sure to impress your family and friends. We should know, we serve them up every day at our Barlour locations! To turn your home into your very own “Barlour” serving ice cream flights, follow these instructions
- Using your microwave, melt nonpareil candies in a bowl
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Rim the shot glass into with melted nonpareil candies and place on parchment paper
- Repeat this process until you have your desired number of shot glasses rimmed
- Place baking sheet in the freezer so the chocolate can harden
- Place a different flavor of booze infused ice cream in each shot glass
- Garnish with other sweets and place on a flight paddle or tray
Once you’ve completed these steps, you’re ready to have your guests sample several different flavors of Tipsy Scoop in adorably small serving sizes.
Presentation Idea #2: Grown Up Sundae Station
What’s better than a sundae station? A liquor-infused sundae station of course!
Hold a competition to see who makes the best looking sundae!
This is the perfect idea for an event like a 21st birthday party, bachelorette party, or even an engagement party. Whatever the occasion may be, your alcohol infused sundae station is sure to be a hit. To create the perfect sundae station, follow these steps:
- Fill martini glasses with your favorite toppings like sprinkles, maraschino cherries, or M&Ms
- Insert small serving spoons in the martini glasses for guests to serve themselves
- Place a large bowl in the center of your serving area and fill it with ice
- Put your ice cream scoops in a pint sized container with warm water
- Place all utensils, bowls, and napkins at one end of your serving area where guests can begin serving themselves
- Grab your boozy ice cream flavors from the freezer and place them in the large bowl filled with ice
And there you have it! You’ve just set up the perfect adult ice cream sundae bar. Feel free to add as many toppings and ice cream flavors as you would like so your guests can really get creative.
Presentation Idea #3: Open Bar Sundae
This mega sundae is sure to impress your friends and family—just don’t eat too much at once!
An example of an XL open bar sundae.
An open bar sundae is the perfect idea for a small gathering, even if the sundae is huge! Grab 4-6 of your closest friends and challenge them to finish this concoction at your next movie night.
To create a sundae big enough to share with the whole party, follow these steps:
- Melt nonpareils into a bowl using the microwave
- Dip the rim of a large martini glass into the melted nonpareils
- Place martini glass in your freezer for chocolate to harden
- Scoop 8 large scoops of infused ice cream into the large martini glass
- Wedge two sticks of Pocky in the top scoops of ice cream
- Add any other toppings you would like like sprinkles, whipped cream, or a cherry on top
Now that you’ve made your extra large ice cream concoction, it's time to dig in with a group of friends. Indulge responsibly!
Whether you’re ready to try out one of our recipes, or are just looking for presentation ideas, we've got you covered. If you're interested in trying out more recipes, Tipsy Scoop has even more flavors in our signature cookbook. Or, you can skip the recipe and try one of our seasonal liquor infused ice cream flavors — available for a limited time only. Just make sure to tag @tipsyscoop when you post a photo of your booze infused ice cream to show off on Instagram.